We are now offering nationwide shipping for our macarons!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you need at least a 72 hour notice for orders? Once we receive your order, it must be processed and we take extra time and apply a lot of technique in our kitchen to produce your products. Everything is made completely from scratch and to order to provide you with a fresh product. We also spend a considerable amount of time making sure that our products are packaged beautifully. We also book up pretty quickly, so the sooner your order is placed, the better.
Am I able to place an order for something that I don’t see on the menu? Sure, we love to play! If you would like to inquire about a special order you can contact us at Danetra@Swankdesserts.com or give us a call at (843)779-2650. There will be a minimum amount that must be ordered, depending on the product requested.
Do you offer cakes for occasions other than weddings? Yes, we offer the same flavors for any occasion that we offer for weddings. The 6″ is $45 and the 9″ is $70 as they are bit smaller (less layers) than our wedding cakes. You can find the list of cake flavors and full descriptions on our catering menu.
How do I store my Swank Desserts? It is ideal that you enjoy your Swank Desserts right away (at room temperature), otherwise we recommend keeping them in the refrigerator for no more than 3- 4 days. Be sure to bring refrigerated desserts to room temperature before indulging!
Do you have a storefront?
No, we are an online shop and we complete our production in DHEC certified commercial kitchen space. We haven’t quite decided where we want to set up shop permanently, but when we do we will let you know!
Do you make EVERYTHING in house?
YES! We don’t take shortcuts and this is reflected in the quality of our products and the prices.
Do you ship? Yes, we offer nationwide ship for our french macarons!
Are your desserts allergy friendly? From time to time we may have some desserts that are allergy friendly but our desserts are produced in a facility that contains wheat, nuts, eggs, and dairy. We are diligent about avoiding cross-contamination but if you have an allergy please let us know so that we can be extra cautious. Please note that are macarons are naturally gluten free!
How do I place an order? You will place your order by visiting our online shop, selecting the items you would like to add to your cart, and pay with your credit or debit card!
How will I receive my desserts? We offer local delivery ($10 delivery charge) or you can schedule a time to pick up your desserts from our kitchen location. You can also have your macarons shipped to your door.
Charleston Wedding FAQs
How do I book Swank for my wedding? We require a non-refundable retainer fee of 50% of your complete order total. Once we have both (client & Swank) signed our contract and received payment your wedding is officially booked with us! Our process is easy and everything is electronic for your convenience. The hardest part is choosing from all of our delicious flavors.
Do you set up the desserts when delivering? We LOVE designing dessert displays and it’s what we specialize in. When we set up your desserts this includes working with you to achieve an aesthetic that compliments your theme/colors and arranging the desserts on platters, stands, or trays that you have rented from us or that you or your event designer have provided!
Do you offer tastings? Yes! They are $45 for up to 4 flavors, Please schedule your tasting with us at least a week in advance.
Why is there a charge for tastings? When we have scheduled a tasting, everything is made from SCRATCH and to order. This means that your selections are specifically being prepared for YOU and most of our desserts have several components and are time consuming to prepare.
Do y’all offer wedding cakes? Yes! Our cakes mostly appeal to non-traditional couples as we do not make fondant cakes. We offer naked or buttercream cakes and have a variety of unique flavors.
Why do y’all only offer two cake sizes? We offer a 6″ round cake and a 9″ round cake. We love making cakes but, they are time consuming and we would like to continue to focus our efforts on desserts as we feel they are very underrated!
- Local deliveries are made Monday-Saturday between 10 am- 3pm. We do not deliver on Holidays or Sundays! Please give us a time frame in which we can deliver.
- We kindly ask that you place your order at least 72 hours in advance to ensure ample time to provide the quality we promise! Please note that we can book up pretty quickly, so the sooner you place your order, the better as to avoid disappointment.
- If you place your order before 6:00pm your order will be processed the same day. Any orders placed after 6:00 pm will processed the following day. Please note we are closed on Sundays and Holidays.
- Any orders placed on Saturday will be delivered on Wednesday! As we are closed Sunday, orders placed then will be processed on Monday and delivered on Thursday.
- We do not do “meet-ups.” The address provided must be a physical location.
- We offer local delivery in the Charleston area for $10.
**If no one is available to accept your delivery, you will be responsible for the pick-up of your products as we do not wish to leave our products outside.
- Pick ups are by appointment only, please specify a time at checkout. If there is any conflict with your time, we will contact you.
- As with all orders, we kindly ask that you give us 72 hours notice to ensure we have the time to provide you with the quality we promise.
- If you place your order before 6:00 pm your order will be processed the same day. Any orders placed after 6:00 pm will process the following day. Please note we are closed on Sundays and Holidays.
- The address for pickup is 6185 River's Avenue, Unit A (KTCHeN) North Charleston, SC 29406
- As our pick-ups are by appointment only, please arrive on time to your scheduled pick up. If you are unable to make it on time to your appointment please call us at (843) 779-2650 at least 1 hour before.
- If you do not show up to your scheduled pick up time we will follow up with you, once. We will not wait past 15 minutes unless you have notified us that you will be late. *Refunds or credits will not be issued for orders that have not been picked up.
- ONLY our french macarons are available for nationwide shipping.
- We ship via USPS 2-day priority mail.
- Orders will only be shipped Monday-Wednesday to avoid weekend overlays. We do not ship Thursday, Friday, weekends, or on holidays!
- As with all orders, your order will be ready for shipping 72 hours after your order has been placed. The same cut off times for local orders apply to shipping orders.
- Any orders placed Wednesday- Friday will be shipped the following Monday. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will ship Wednesday.
- Our macarons will be shipped in special packaging to keep them fresh during transit. Due to the fragile nature of macarons, some breakage of the shell may occur but this will not affect the quality or taste.
- You package will be shipped with an ice pack and a thermal bubble mailer to ensure freshness and quality during transit.